(How great does my Halloween background loook!) Here are some spooky films to watch this Halloween.
1) The Nightmare Before Christmas (1993) – both a Christmas and a Halloween movie in one 😛 Halloweentown’s pumpkin king, Jack Skellington becomes fed up with the yearly act of scaring people in the real world. Unintentionally, Jack comes across Christmastown and falls in love with the bright lights and people in happy spirits. This makes him think of a plan to put on Christmas instead of Halloween. In order to do this, he kidnaps Santa. Sally, who loves Jack tries to stop him but things don’t go as planned..
2) Hocus Pocus (1993)- Max, his sister Dani and their friend Allison explore a haunted house after moving to Salem. When Allison tells a story told as if superstitious, Max unknowingly frees a coven of witches who used to live in the house 3 centuries ago. With an magical cat, they must find their away around the witches and steal their book of spells to stop them becoming immortal.
3) Edward Scissorhands (1990)- An innocent Edward Scissorhands, created by a scientist who dies before fully building him. As a result, Edward is left looking far than normal, with freakishly long scissor blades for hands. Then Peg, a woman who lives in the suburbs finds him and invites him along to stay with her, where Edward soon falls in love with Kim, but his appearance makes him feel as though he can’t ever be normal.
4) The Purge- a 12-hour period during which all crimes, murder, stealing are legal. When James and his family put their house on lock-down to protect them, they let in a stranger who is wanted by a group of hooligans purging. The whole night they must resist becoming the murderers they were trying to avoid.
5) Halloween – a story that starts with Micheal, a 6 year old who murders his 17 year old sister on Halloween night in 1963 and gets locked up for 15 years. In 1938, however he is to be transferred, during which he escapes in a stolen car and drives back to his hometown, where he looks for his next victim..
6) The Shining- a favourite. Jack Torrence, a writer, agrees to take on a new job of taking care of a hotel which has a horrific past. While with his wife and his son, Danny (who has the power of “shining”, Jack can’t get past his writer’s block and soon starts becoming delusional and finds out the events that happened in this very hotel. When a ghost waiter tells Jack to “correct” his family, he slowly begins to go insane.